April 22, 2023
After-Hours Intake Coordinator
The position of After-Hours Intake Care Coordinator works closely with the Medical Director, Primary Care Physician and CM staff to accomplish the following task which include but is not limited to: Assessing & Determining for Coordination & Transition of Care, Reporting to Case Management, Review and process outpatient services.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties.
- Obtain verbal and written report, to assess and report to Medical Director, ER Physician, or Provider for determining if patient requires admission to Acute Hospital or Nursing Home.
- Coordination of services such as: Hospital admissions, Transfers to higher level of care, Skilled nursing home placement, or any services that requires Care coordination.
- Creations of authorizations for services like; Transportation, Home Health Services, IV Infusion/ Pharmacy, D.M.E (Durable Medical Equipment/Supplies) or Urgent outpatient services.
- Creation of cases such as: Hospital admissions or Skilled nursing admissions.
- Support the safe, continuous delivery of medically necessary care and supportive ancillary services in the inpatient and transition to home care setting.
- Continuation of documentation of existing Open cases.
- Communications/Reports to Case Management, Utilization Department, or other Departments.
- Review case statuses to ensure proper documentation and case closure in partnership with assigned Case managers.
- Minimum 2 years working in a hospital.
- Willing to learn Case Management.
- Valid RN level of nursing.
- Ability to work well with other.
- Verbal and Phone skills.
- Knowledge/Understanding of Medicare process and Managed Care.
- Knowledge/Understanding of Disease/Pathophysiology management, Values of Labs results and Radiology, and lastly, the Nurse’s clinical role.Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity -Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail -Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
- Dependability -Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation -Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others -Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and understanding and helpful on the job.
- Work From Home Setup